Skip to main content

Can I have a lawyer investigate a possible state fraud issue with child support?

Knoxville, TN |

My child support case is complicated. I have an intergovernmental case with Indiana and Arizona, as I lived in Az at the time. I now live in TN, and have been trying to get my case transferred here, and AZ/IN both are giving me the run-around. My monthly payment is supposed to be 60/ per week, but I have been told 3-4 separate totals for the order and am refused my order even before I had moved out of state. This is ridiculous, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to raise a child on 112/monthly. Especially one with minor issues that need extra care. I need to know what I can do as I am over the bull from states lying to me. I already asked about a modification that AZ said yes to and never did....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to simply this matter by (1) organizing all the orders, letters, and documents, and (2) you need to hire a lawyer to further simply the case.

Based upon what you've written here, I don't perceive the fraud you're referring to. To me, it sounds like bureaucracy.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Thank you. This response may provide information relating to potential legal issues. Nevertheless, your review of any information contained herein is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified legal counsel. For this reason, you should not rely on this response as a source of legal advice. Your use of this information does not create any attorney-client agreement. In order to become a client of David C. Lee, you must negotiate a specific attorney–client agreement with an attorney from this law office.



thank you. i had done some more digging and AZ&IN both have messed up my case, and they are attempting to resolve it now.


Unfortunately, this sounds like intergovernmental bureaucracy....

If you find this answer helpful, please let other readers know by marking the answer as "helpful". No discussion on this board is intended to replace the advice or consultation when all facts are disclosed and pleadings reviewed. No attorney client relationship is established by initiating this discussion with the attorney. For further discussion, I can be contacted by phone at 615-452-4423 or my email at Most consultations are free. My office is located in Gallatin, TN and I am licensed to practice in the state of Tennessee.



it is, i have done more digging and both AZ&IN have messed up my case and are trying to resolve it. thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer