Can I go to jail for driving without a license?

Mckeesport, PA |

My license was suspended in 2007 for dui. I paid all the fines and restitution. I have a letter stating that once I paid a restoration fee my driving privlages were restored. I never paid the restoration fee. Can they send me to jail for driving on a dui suspended license

Yes they can. Infact Driving under suspension DUI related, which is what this would be is punishable by a mandatory 60 days in Jail. Don't screw around with this, retain experienced criminal defense counsel, if all thats holding you up is the payment of a small resititution fee counsel may be able to help you get out of this. No guarantees of course but you really do need an attorney.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

Thank you for your time. It was very helpful.

If you are pulled over and charged with Driving on a Suspended License, DUI related, according to the law - there is a mandatory jail time associated with this offense. It is very important that you meet with an Attorney to discuss your case and the options you have as soon as possible.

Feel free to contact my firm to discuss your case. We have much experience handling cases such as these.

Joseph A. Paletta, Esq./ap

www.pittsburghcriminallawfirm.com
aimee@lawyerpaletta.com

Responses provided by Joseph A. Paletta, Esq., and the members of this lawfirm are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering this question. If you would like to consult with this office, please feel free to contact us at 412.391.7999 or by sending an E-Mail to aimee@lawyerpaletta.com & we will contact you.

Short answer to your question. Yes.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

Yes. Your suspension remains indefinite unti you process your reinstatement.