Skip to main content

Can I go to a judge and ask for termination of parental rights?

Paterson, NJ |

I have a child support case open for over 6 years, I never received a dime. Per my knowledge the father has left the country via deportation. Can I go to a judge and ask for the father's termination of parental rights just in case the father comes back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


From the facts you provide it appears you may file for sole parenting. Parental rights are difficult to terminate except if there is abuse or another parenting to adopt.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer