Can I go ahead and marry my fiancee and then adjust her status? Do I need to stop K1 visa process with USCIS?

Belton, TX |

My Ukrainian fiancee and I started our K1 visa process back in February and expected it to be completed by July - August and then she would travel to the US. She is visiting US right now. I don't feel that it's safe for her to go back to Ukraine because of the situation there. What shall we do?

Go see an immigration attorney first thing in the morning.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

I agree

Use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool to find an immigration attorney to meet with immediately

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Shaye Larkin

Shaye Larkin

Excellent information from the learned Christopher Leroi