Skip to main content

Can I give my child up for adoption without notifying the biological father. I heard its legal in a few states

Chesapeake, VA |

Are there any states where I can give my baby up for adoption without permission from the biological father?

+ Read More

Filed under: Adoption
Attorney answers 1


Does the father know the child exists. It only matters what the law is in your state. In most states, the father needs to be notified and more importantly, the adopting family may want peace of mind that no one will come back and try to take the child away. I would consult with an adoption attorney in your area.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer