Skip to main content

Can i get u visa?

Calumet City, IL |

i was a victim of gun robbery in September 2012. i was working in store behind register one guy( who was my customer i know that guy from face ) jumped over counter and came to me with gun and beat me so i felt down on floor then he put gun point on my back head.and told me to open register he took all money and locked me up in my back room and run away.( when he jumped he drop bullet mag sine on floor so all bullet were on floor when police came they collect three bullet as a evidence)then i call 911 i told them everything and gave them my camera footage. after one week one police officer came with some people's photo to identify. from that list i identified one guy who help to robber who rob me.but i don't have any police report or medical report .i have video . so can i get u visa?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need the DA to sign a document identifying you as a victim of violent crime in order to get the visa. For more information schedule a conference with an immigration attorney.


I changed your practice area to immigration. Despite the description of a serious crime, your question really is more suited to the immigration attorneys. Best wishes to you.


Consultation with an immigration attorney can go a long way for you.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with Mr. Kaman. The states attorney needs to support and sign an application that identifies you as a witness to a crime usually with a case currently in court.

It is usually best to have the application signed and sent in while the case is pending. Some people wait too long and attempt to get support for a U visa after the case is closed or conviction is entered.

Many states attorneys will not support a U visa if the conviction is entered or a case is dismissed.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer