Skip to main content

Can i get the green card by investing 100.000 USD in the USA in a business .

Dallas, TX |

I changed my status B1/B2 to F1, One my friend told me that if invest minimum $100,000 in a business based in any rural area then i can beable to get green card or work visa.
Please advise how it works.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your friend is right that there are ways to obtain permanent residency or work authorization through investments in U.S. businesses. The requirements are extensive and depend on the amount/location of your investment. You should discuss the requirements related to investor visas (E visas) with an immigration attorney in your area.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.



Thanks ,I wanted to know the minimum investment for E-2 ,as i understand my country Pakistan is a treaty country with the US. Can i invest in a US company to get the E-2 visa status.


Your friend is wrong, in order to qualify for a green card through investment the minimum investment is $500,000. There is an investment visa option where the minimum investment is not explicitly stated but generally $100,000 may qualify. There are also other requirements, so make sure you speak with and retain an attorney before applying. My firm handles these types of cases.
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree - see if you qualify for an E-2 visa based on investment - you will not have a large enough investment for the green card.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer