Skip to main content

Can I get some spousal support from my unfaithful husband. ?

Savannah, GA |

He cheated on me .Kick me off his insurance and also had a child with another woman.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This is the second time you posted the same question. The answer remains the same:


Adultery is not the key issue in an alimony claim, although it may impact the decision. Your respective incomes, your standard of living, your educational level and earning capacity, your health, the length of your marriage, your debts, if you have children and similar financial considerations are significant. Meet with a local lawyer, as, without a lawyer, odds are slim that you'll be able to present a claim that a court will consider.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


The only answer that can be provided in this forum is "Maybe". The issue of spousal support is decided on based on considering a number of factors. You've only mentioned one (the cause of the separation). For an attorney to determine if you may possibly be entitled to spousal support, that attorney would first need to know much more about your marriage and its demise.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.