Skip to main content

Can I get Probation?

Houston, TX |

I was arrested for a DWI with a child under 15. I am 31 years old. I refused field sobriety test and the breathalyzer. I was taken in custody and my blood was drawn. Is it possible for me to get probation or do you honestly think I am facing jail time 6mo - 2 years ? When will my blood test results come in? I have not had any other problems with the law in the past. How much fees am I looking additional to my attorney fees? Is it possible for me to get a charged for child endangerment after my informational trial? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Depending on your criminal history, it may be possible to get probation. If you've never been convicted of a felony you are legally eligible; however, there may be other facts that lend themselves to a recommendation of state jail time. I would recommend hiring a criminal attorney in your area. They will be able to represent you and answer any questions regarding fees, possible outcomes, and give you a timeline for your case.

Any answer provided is not to be construed as legal advice and does not in any way establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and the answer. If you have questions and feel you may need to speak with an attorney contact


Its possible but only if you have an experienced DWI attorney helping you. I would suggest talking to one in your area. If you want you can find one here on AVVO by selecting "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.


Attorneys here can give you general advice, and those admitted in Texas can give you more complete and more specific advice. Ultimately, however, I advise you to post no more facts about your case in this or any other public forum. Contact and retain a local attorney skilled in the defense of DWI cases. many post here on Avvo, and you can also use eth "Find a Lawyer" link here n Avvo. That way you can fully explain your case and receive in-depth advice that considers all the facts of your situation.

Best of luck to you.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
Anelli Xavier


I agree with those above. You need to get a lawyer as soon as possible. From your description, you are legally eligibile for probation. Blood tests usually take 2 to 4 months to come in, assuming the sample went to the lab right away. However, I am not in Houston so a Houston lawyer could answer with more certainty.

All responses to these questions are meant for general purposes. Outcomes in all legal cases depend on combinations of many factors, facts and details which cannot be adequately discussed here. No attorney client relationship is created or intended and I strongly recommend that you actually consult with an attorney before deciding on any course of action.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer