Skip to main content

Can I get points removed off my license?

Valrico, FL |

I got a ticket (doing 40 on my college campus). I completed the on line safe driving class and submitted my certificate. Court said I did not let them know before paying the ticket that I was taking the class and therefore the points will be posted to my license. This is my first ticket - do I have any recourse?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Yes. Consult a local attorney who can file a written motion requesting that the judge amend the disposition of your infraction to reflect a withhold of adjudication instead of a conviction. Most judges will agree to do so in situations where a person completed traffic school, but simply did so untimely.


Should not be an issue to reopen the ticket. A local attorney who deals w/ traffic issues should be able to do it relatively cheaply.


Yes, a traffic attorney in your county should be able to remove the points by filing a motion with the court. The attorney fee should be nominal compared to the potential insurance increases that can result from a conviction on your driving history. answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at


I agree if you currently have an attorney they should be able to address this matter. If not consider consulting with a local attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer