Skip to main content

Can I get out of a ticket for disobeying a stop sign and expired license.

Ironton, OH |

I was driving and saw the state patrol officer. I started to stop and when I saw him I went past the sign so I knew he saw me so I just kept going and then he stopped me. He checked my license and they were expired because my birthday was a week prior and It slipped my mind to renew them. He gave me a ticket for both.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you hire an attorney the prosecutor may be willing to dismiss or amend the charges depending on your driving record and the prosecutor. As always this requires a cost-benefit analysis as to whether avoiding the points is worth the cost of hiring an attorney. I suggest you call around to attorneys in the area where you received the ticket to see what the cost would be so you can make an informed decision. Keep in mind that no attorney can guarantee an outcome and there is always a chance that you will still end up with points on your license even if you hire an attorney. Your chances are better with an attorney though. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
(937)510-6110 phone
(937)867-4111 fax

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner


Your best bet is hiring an attorney experienced in these types of cases. There is a good chance the charges could be lowered with good counsel.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.


Not without an attorney!

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer