CAN I GET MY STEPFATHER A VISA OR A WORKING PERMIT FOR HIM TO COME BACK TO THE U.S.A??

Houston, TX |

MY STEPFATHER GOT TOGETHER WITH MY MOM WHEN I WAS 15 KNOW IM 21 AND MARRIED IM HELPING MY HUSBAND WITH HES LEGAL DOCUMENTS BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN ALSO HELP MY STEP DAD HE LEFT BACK TO MEXICO IN AN EMERGENCY AND HE WANTS TO COME BACK BUT HE DOES NOT WANT TO CROSS THE LINE AGAIN ILLEGALLY IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN HELP HIM GET A VISA OR WORKING PERMIT?? HE HAS BEEN GONE FOR 2 MONTHS KNOW.

It's going to be very hard under the facts site. By his departure, your stepfather triggered the 10 year bar three admission. Please seek a private appointment with a skillful immigration lawyer in your area to discuss available options and their Feasibility.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

It will be very difficult for you step-father to come back. He is subject to a ten year bar. Is his wife a US citizen. Best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

As stated above, he triggered the ten year bar when he left. If your mother is a United States Citizen, she may be able to sponsor him but would need the applicable waivers. Please enlist a competent immigration attorney to assist her with the process.

Husna Alikhan, Esq., www.alikhanlaw.com TEL: 702-374-6619. Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.