Skip to main content

Can i get my sister's death certificate in pa, and i don't know exact the date she dead,but i know the year as 2003

Conshohocken, PA |

we try to straight out our parent well oversea by oversea court,do you have any form and where i can submit to get the copy of death certificate thanks !
my email address as

thanks !

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


See the PA Department of Health website:

You will find instructions and a form.

Good Luck,

Marshall Chriswell

Please remember to mark this answer as “Helpful” or “Best Answer” if appropriate. Thank you.

Law Offices of Marshall D. Chriswell
714 Philadelphia St., Suite 200
Indiana, PA 15701
(888) 438-5977
(724) 465-5826


Marshall D. Chriswell is a civil practitioner with offices in Indiana and Clearfield Counties. Mr. Chriswell's practice emphasizes Wills & Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate, Family Law, and general civil disputes.


Mr. Chriswell provides free initial consultations, and will gladly meet clients in their homes upon request, including on the evenings or weekends.

This communication does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, feel free to contact our offices.


Attorney Chriswell is correct. Thankfully, much of this information can now be secured through an application via the internet. Good luck to you.

This information is presented as a public service. It should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor considered to be the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. I am licensed in Connecticut and New York and my answers are based upon the law in those jurisdictions. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if I were to review a client's file and have the opportunity to interview the client. Accordingly, I strongly urge you to retain an attorney in your jurisdiction with respect to any legal matter.


As Mr. Chriswell has pointed out, the Pennsylvania Department of Health website contains all the background information you seek.

In addition to the website which he suggested, my own web search has disclosed the form. Here it is:

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Flood and Masiuk, LLC and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.


The more information you have the better, but all of it is not needed to get the death certificate. However, one piece of advice I would give you is to send it some kind of overnight or priority type of mail. It it is sent regular mail it is not given the same attention and can take six times as long to get back.