Skip to main content

Can i get my passport back from DHS after getting PD in Removal Proceeding?

Chicago, IL |

me and my wife having one USC kid got PD in my removal case in immigration court while my asylum file is with the court , judge told me i can open my asylum case when ever i want to open it. my question is
1. can i get our passport back from DHS while my case close through PD?
2. can me and my wife get approved for EAD?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Yes you can request your passport back.
If your asylum is deemed pending, you can get an EAD.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.



Generally my experience is that it is difficult to get items back after you submit them for evidence in the immigration system.


LORIC Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933

The response given is general in nature and does not create an attorney / client relationship. The answer given may also not account for other facts unknown to the attorney. For a more detailed evaluation you should consult with a licensed immigration attorney.


You can always get a new passport from your consulate. As far as your EAD case goes, if the case was simply administratively closed, then no. If you were granted deferred action, then yes. Most likely, it was simply administratively closed. Best of luck to you (and congratulations on the PD).


Talk to you attorney about it. Some facts are missing and needed in order to answer you question.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer