Skip to main content

Can i get my domestic violence conviction expunged in Washington?

Tacoma, WA |

i was 20 and she was 17, her parents didnt like it so they lied to get a DV against me so we couldnt see each other, a week later, she went to court to drop it. her parents a month or so later found out and got another one. which stuck.
i dont know what class it is.. maybe c.
i was never arrested. didnt get introuble over it. and never been introuble since.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In order to answer your question, I would need more information from you. There are many variables that determine if you are elligible.

Generally, in order to vacate a conviction and exponge the criminal charge off of your record, you need to meet certain requirements set by statute. Some domestic violence convictions are not elligible for expungement. The ones that are, the required wait time before you can motion the court varies. Additionally, you need to have a "clean" record during that required period of time.

From what you have described, it sounds like there was a no contact or restraining order issued. I am not sure what the crime you were charge with was, and if there was a conviction. The process can be confusing and frustrating for indivudals; and I would recomend seeking the advice of an experienced attorney who can look at your specific circumstances.