Skip to main content

Can I get in trouble if my gf age 16 is pregnant both family know and are aware and have no problem I just turn 21

Palmdale, CA |

Can I be charged for anything and is their something I should do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you can be in trouble. It is unlawful to have sexual relations with a minor (under 18 years old) even if the minor consents. There is nothing you can do except hope that your relationship thrives, and her parents continue support you, until she reaches the age of 18. Try not to have any contact with the government, such as seeking public assistance for the child. Do not make any statements to law enforcement without an attorney if they want to ask you some questions or give a blood/DNA sample. Good luck to you both.



What's best way I should go about this I'm trying to be a good father should I be present at hospital day of birth my gf will be 17 in 2-months


You bet. This is statutory rape. Many of us offer free consults including my firm. As a former Gaucho I know a bit about the SB culture.

Brian Michaels
Southern California Criminal Defense


Yes and contact an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer