Skip to main content

Can I get guardianship/custody of my grandson

Tampa, FL |

My daughter and grandson live in my home. At this time, my daughter is not financially capable to care for him. My grandson also has lots of medical conditions that need to be addressed. My daughter is becoming overwhelmed with it all. My daughter wants to move out on her own and leave her son with me until she is able to handle it all on her own. How d I go about getting guardianship/custody of him.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If there is an emergency with respect to his medical needs you can do an emergency temporary guardianship until you get full powers. You need to petition the court in your county to become his legal guardian. You need to hire a local attorney who can take you through the process. Once you are his guardian you can handle all of his matters until she is ready to takeover at which time you could close the guardianship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer