Skip to main content

Can i get emancipated if im 16 and pregnant have a steady job and good grades in the state of wisconsin?

Pell Lake, WI |

i ran away once already because my parents used to hit me sense i got pregnant they havent been hitting me. the stress they put on me isnt good for my baby and they wont let me go live with my childs father

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It sounds like this has been asked before. Regardless, the answer is no - you cannot be emancipated in the State of Wisconsin. However, if you are the victim of abuse, you can (and should) contact the police.

It sounds like there is a lot more going on here that what is asked in this question, and I would encourage you to talk to someone outside of the situation for help (teacher, school administrator, etc.).

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.


You have a better chance to be elected Governor of Ohio, and you are a minor and don't even live there.