Skip to main content

Can I get crimes for Aggravated Robbery (4 counts), and 2 counts of Burglary of a habitation, sealed or expunged?

Austin, TX |

I spent 10 years flat in TDC for these crimes and am having a hard time finding employment. Is there statute on sealing this, or is there a way to get my record expunged/sealed? It has been 9 years since any convictions.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Unfortunately no. Convictions are permanent and cannot be sealed or expunged. The only ways to remove these cases from your record are both rare. You can try to get a pardon or you can try to have the cases overturned on a writ of habeas corpus (you would need to consult an appellate attorney on a writ).

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.



If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!


No. Offenses that resulted in either prison/jail time or straight probation can never be expunged, sealed, nor do they drop off your record after any period of time. A pardon would seem to be the only method of relief for you. You can talk to a local lawyer, but be forewarned: they are very, very difficult to obtain. Be wary of a lawyer who tells you otherwise.


I agree with the previous answers. Last time I checked, an average of about 4% of pardon applications were granted by the board last year.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737


I'm afraid you may be saddled with these convictions. If you spent time in prison for these felonies then you have final convictions which can neither be sealed nor expunged.

You should consult with an attorney. The information provided applies generally and is not intended as legal advice on any particular case.