Skip to main content

Can I get CA Identification card, If I have DUI>

El Cajon, CA |
Attorney answers 4


Yes. In fact many people who get their license taken away because of a DUI, and need to travel, will get a California ID card from the DMV.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at


Yes. Failure to complete the alcohol program will hold up your license though.

Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.


absolutely it will have the same number as your California driver's license


Of course.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555