Can I get bad checks and theft by deception expunged?

Ardmore, PA |

Hello,
A year ago I worked for a high end retail company and before I left I deiced to to use my discount buying expensive bags before I left and would be unable to use it. I made payments on my employee credit card account with bad checks thinking that it would go onto my account for me to pay later, I never skipped paying the minimum balance on my card. To make a long story short I turned my self in and was released on bail. We have been going back and forth for almost a year now on this case. I have never been in trouble with the law before, but they say I can't get an ROR because the amount owed is over $19,000. I just want to set up a payment plan and get the charges cleared from my record. Please let me know if their is anything I can do to fix this issue.

You need to change the practice area on this question to Criminal Law rather than Employment Law, because it really is a criminal law question. There used to be a way for us attorneys to change the practice area, but we can't anymore. Also, if you haven't consulted with an attorney, I recommend that you do that asap. There is a directory on AVVO of lawyers who practice criminal law in your area, so you should be able to find someone in this site. If not, and you don't know a lawyer, try the Lawyer Referral Service of Montgomery County (or Delaware County if you're in that part of the Ardmore area).

If my answer was helpful to you, I would appreciate if you would mark it either "helpful" or "best answer" if you feel that applies, as AVVO gives us rating points based on feedback. Thank you! Please note that the above answer is not to be construed as legal advice. It is my personal opinion based on your question, and it was given without obtaining the detailed information that I would normally request in order to render comprehensive legal advice. I advise you to consult with a local attorney of your choosing to obtain specific legal advice. The fact that I answered your question does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me.

Thank you, I have one last question, I've been applying for jobs in the philadelphia and ardmore area and I was wondering will this issue show up on my background check although I'm still in the pre-trail phase?

Rochelle S. Rabin

Rochelle S. Rabin

That's a good question, and that's where you'll need to talk to someone who practices criminal law. One thing you can do is search the Pennsylvania criminal docket system on the link below. You can do the search by your name and see if anything comes up. http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx

Thanks so much, I Searched it but nothing came up. Dose that mean that it wont show up? I need this job really bad to pay the courts back so I can move on with my life.

Rochelle S. Rabin

Rochelle S. Rabin

I can't tell you for sure. It should show up in a search if it gets to the Common Pleas Court Stage. You really need to ask someone who practices criminal law.