Skip to main content

Can i get an order for grandparent visitation stopped?

Elyria, OH |

My ex's mother has an order to have my son 1 weekend a month,but everytime he comes home he yells and cries saying we dont love him,and he refuses to listen to us because she tells him not to.This is becoming very hurtful and disruptive,and she also calls child services on us to try and get my son taken.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


To stop such an order you would need to file the appropriate motion with the court that issued the visitation order. I strongly recommend that you seek counsel with a local attorney. These are not easy matters to handle. You will want to discuss what evidence and information you have to present. You will also want to discuss how and if you can obtain any professional third party input. Based on the age of the child, is counseling appropriate. If so, often counseling can help solve the matter. A report from the counselor may also be beneficial in any action to terminate the grandparent visitation.

Please seek an immediate consultation with counsel and determine how to proceed. Your son evidently needs some help in dealing with this matter.


In addition to Attorney Helfrich's insightful comments, I write to warn that the grandparents or you might ask the court to appint a GAL. This may add additional cost to the litigation, but be of benefit if there really is emotional manipulation at play.

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer