Skip to main content

Can I get an annulment in California?

San Diego, CA |

Can I get an annulment in California if I have been married for 4 months but I have left my wife and been gone for 1 month? Also there was fraud done on my seperate bank account prior to the mariage and forged checks with my signature after I left without my consent. I feel as though she married me to acquire credit and obtain services under my name because I have learned that she ruined her credit and is unable to aquire anything under her own name?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Fraud is one of the many grounds to have a marriage annulled. However, the alleged misrepresentation or concealment must have been "vital to the relationship," directly affecting the purpose of the deceived party in consenting to the marriage. In other words, one party’s misrepresentation induced the other party to marry.

Paris Kalor, Esq.
(949) 460-6466
We serve all Southern California and offer free consultation

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.