Skip to main content

Can I get a traffic ticket dismissed in Colorado

Littleton, CO |

Can I get a traffic ticket dismissed in Colorado like the way they do in California? In California I've heard of trial by written declaration. Is there anything like that in Colorado to get a ticket dismissed or reduced?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I'm unfamiliar with the California practice you describe. If you have been properly summons into a Colorado court, the only way to potentially get the case dismissed is to appear and contest the citation. If you want to resolve your case without appearing on a traffic infraction, you can mail your ticket back with a guilty plea normally for reduced points. Depending on the jurisdiction you were cited in, there may be more options.

The proceeding statement is for your benefit and designed to orient you to seek help more completely; it should not be construed as a complete answer to your legal problem or a substitution for legal advice. Only when an attorney has had the opportunity to fully explore the issues of your case can you truly be advised. By reading my statement you should not infer we have created an attorney client relationship.