Skip to main content

Can I get a stop sign ticket revoked?

Denton, TX |

I got a ticket the other day for running a stop sign. Except I didn't run it, I passed the line barely and halted to a stop. I waved at people in the cross walk to go ahead and pass but they denied so i proceeded to go through the stop sign. Shortly after the police officer pulled me over and said even though I didn't run the stop sign all the way it still was a reasonable cause for a 250 dollar ticket. Should I try and get this ticket revoked or just pay the fine?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you feel the charge isn't valid, you can fight the ticket. A local attorney can help you fight the ticket at trial. If you would rather keep the ticket off your record, you may have options such as taking defensive driving. You should contact a local attorney for help.

The information provided does not constitute legal advice and is presented without any representation or warranty whatsoever, including as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. Always contact an attorney when seeking legal advice.


Don't just pay the fine. You have alternatives that can result in a dismissal. Contact an attorney in your area who handles these matters. You can usually find one for a very reasonable fee.


Both Ms. Sullivan and Mr. Swain are correct. Based on the facts you describe, you may have a good chance at getting a not guilty verdict if you are willing to take the case to trial. It may also be possible to have the case dismissed either on your trial date or after discussion with a prosecutor. You should hire an attorney if you wish to pursue this option.

Nothing in this answer constitutes an agreement to represent you in any criminal case. Additionally, the information provided above does not constitute legal advice.