Can I get a simple battery-family violence charge expunged from my arrest history?

Augusta, GA |

The case was dead docketed for 12 months, though I was pleading not guilty throughout the course of a year. If expungement is possible, then how? And can I get it expunged with about 3 months left out of the 12 month period? I was only charged, never plead guilty, nolle, never had any type of trial,and honestly never went in front of a judge.

How do I get the arrest dropped after I have agreed for the case to be dead docketed and it has been for 9 months. I am having difficulties with employment because the case is showing open for the status, until I'm guessing the 12 month period is over.

Best Answer

Good advice for sure , but I would add that even the arrest will show in many if not most background check searches, a reflect badly or eliminate you from consideration for lawful possession of any firearm, hunting license and many government-related jobs. You should seek an attorney who can assist you in obtaining an expungement of the matter in order to remove it from your record.