Can i get a expungement for burglary 2 charge 1st offense?

Washington, DC |

this is my first felony charge other than that i been keeping my nose clean. i recently pleaded guilty to a burglary 2 charge. i got 18 months probation and have to pay back restitution. the charge is listed as a felony on my record which is making it hard for me to find work. i would like to know is there anything i can do to get this charge expunged off my record or any steps i could take to make getting a job easier.

How long ago was the conviction? What is in DC? Consult with an attorney for a half hour and get your question answered.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.

it was last year and it was in dc

The only way this is realistically getting expunged is if you get a PBJ or the plea gets reversed. You may need to file a motion immediately so get a lawyer immediately!

Nothing posted by Mr. Cleckner on Avvo or in response to an Avvo question or request is intended to be considered legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. For actual legal advice, please contact an attorney for a (usually free) in-depth consultation where your entire situation can be evaluated.