Skip to main content

Can I get a DWAI, DWI, Violation or Midemeanor expunged from my record?

Buffalo, NY |

I was charged with DWAI in 2003, DWI in 2004 and most recently a DWI in 2011. Since my last conviction I have quit drinking, joined AA, landed a great job, been a great father to my 2 girls, got engaged and started a business and will be buying a house in May. Basically I have turned my life around. The only thing missing is my license. The new legislation passed on Sept.25th will keep me from driving until I am eligible to reapply in 2017. My lawyer who represented me in my last DWI claims he cannot help me get my license back and suggested I try another attorney. The lady at the DMV suggested I get one of my DWI's taken of my record. I have hit a wall and need some help. Can you help me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately, that cannot be done at this time.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


NY does not expunge and convictions for DUI or driving while imparied never seal.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Yes I can help you and what I would do would be to evaluate all of your DWI cases and pick one to move the court to vacate on equitable grounds.