Skip to main content

Can I get a DUI fee forgiven or ruduced?

Phoenix, AZ |

I was charged with a DUI in Nov. of 06 in AZ. I have since then, lost my job and been homeless for awhile. I have not been able to pay my fine down, I have tried to turn myself in and just serve time to reduce fine. I am now trying to join the military, but the only thing holding me back is the DUI fee not being paid. I have no money and a part time job that sometimes covers my rent.
Can I do anything to get this fee removed or anything?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I would contact your local Public Defender's office. In California, they can represent you at no cost, if you meet their criteria. They should know a way to convert the fine into either jail time or volunteer work, especially if you are entering the military.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer