Can i get a drivers license in NYC with Deferred Action?

Jamaica, NY |

I got approved for the deferred action and received my work permit and i also applied for social and should be receiving it this week. Can i go ahead and go to the permit exam and then take the road test for the drivers license here in NYC?

Yes, once you have you EAD. The duration will be the same as that on the EAD.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

If you consider my answer helpful, please mark it as such or better yet as best as that encourages me to continue devoting my spare time to providing free information on AVVO. NYC Experienced Immigration Attorneys www.myattorneyusa.com Alexander J. Segal, Esq Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C. 111 Broadway Suite 1306 New York, New York, 10006 212-202-0342

Im sorry what does EAD mean

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Employment Authorizaiton Document.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

If you consider my answer helpful, please mark it as such or better yet as best as that encourages me to continue devoting my spare time to providing free information on AVVO. NYC Experienced Immigration Attorneys www.myattorneyusa.com Alexander J. Segal, Esq Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C. 111 Broadway Suite 1306 New York, New York, 10006 (866) 456-¬8654

Some states have stated they will not allow us to get Licenses, just wanna make sure NY is not one of them

I agree with Attorney Segal.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

See "Overview of State Driver’s License Requirements for Individuals Granted Deferred Action under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Policy", available at http://www.nilc.org/document.html?id=830 (last updated Feb 25, 2013).

Yes you can, once you receive your Social Security card.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.