Can I get a Commercial Driver License for the first time with 2 DUI's in California

Sacramento, CA |

I have never had CDL but my current job requires me to have one. My first DUI was in 2007 and my second one was in 2008 and got an early termination on my informal probation to get the job.

------------ UMMMM.... all you attorney's need to really do your homework and quit taking peoples money if you cant do your jobs right(not to be rude but I've had bad experiences with LAZY attorneys). I Went today to get my Class A license permit and was accepted. I Called DMV driver safety Dept and Commercial dept and they both said yes i am eligible considering I have never obtained a Commercial license. The Rules are for those who have the commercial license and get 2 DUI's.....I know it doesn't make sense but i have my Class A permit as of today so I ques your all wrong. I appreciate your answers but please reply only if your from California. I wouldn't post this for shits and giggles.

No, you are banned for life from driving a commercial vehicle if you have more than one DUI. Vehicle Code section 15302.

UMMMM.... all you attorney's need to really do your homework and quit taking peoples money if you cant do your jobs right(not to be rude but I've had bad experiences with attorneys, LAZY). I Went today to get my Class A license permit and was accepted. I Called DMV driver safety Dept and Commercial dept and they both said yes i am eligible considering I have never obtained a Commercial license. The Rules are for those who have the commercial license and get 2 DUI's.....I know it doesn't make sense but i have my Class A permit as of today so I ques your all wrong. I appreciate your answers but please reply only if your from California.

David Jon Pullman

David Jon Pullman

Well, you can have all of your money back. The plain language of section 15302 says that you are ineligible. If they have bent the rules for you or even for everyone, you are lucky. And, whatever your profession is, I hereby insult it, as you did to us, as a bunch of lazy, no-good, DUI getting fools.

LMAO......Very Proffesional David....its not that they have bent the rules, but there are loopholes to everything, you of all people should know that. All I know is I got my permit and the least YOU could do is to encourage people that have never had their Commercial license to at least try....

Not a chance.

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

Mr. Pullman is correct you will not be able to get a commercial driver’s license since you have 2 DUI convictions; there is no way around it.
Robert Driessen

Two DUI convictions means a lifetime ban on getting a commercial driver's license. You could try and get your record expunged, but that should not affect your DMV record which is what matters.

Any comments offered are not intended as legal advice. This attorney does not know the specifics of the particular case sufficiently to offer legal advice. You should hire a lawyer who can evaluate the details of your specific situation before offering advice.