Skip to main content

Can I get 'Permanent Alimony' changed?

Columbia, MD |

My ex in NJ has moved in with her male friend including all her personal effects and now receives rental income from her residence friend n addition to 'Permanent Alimony' . I understand that this is a Change of Circumstance.
Also, my two college age children have no home to go to on breaks, vacation, etc. now that her condo is being rented Thier mother offered them to stay at her male companion's house but they do not want to live in his house.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Alimony
Attorney answers 1


What does the order state about changed circumstances? This should have been resolved at the time of the divorce.

In any event, if the matter was issued in Maryland you MAY be able to modify the matter, if there was change in circumstances such that she no longer needs as much alimony. You should have had an attorney represent you in the divorce. If so, return to that attorney to discuss the matter. If you did not have an attorney or if you were dissatisfied with your last attorney, I am available to discuss the matter you.

If the order was issued in NJ, rather than MD, you should change the location of the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer