Can I garnish the wages from a spouse of someone I won a court claim from?

Waterloo, IA |

I sued a person for buying a car from me for which she did not pay. I won my case and filed for garnishment of her wages. After the first garnishment, she quit her job. I found out today she got married, (she was living with him throughout the whole court case and he knew about everything) can I now garnish his wages because they are married.

Filed under: Wage garnishment

No. Your Judgment Is Only Against Her.

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Cannella or her firm. This answer does not constitute legal advice, is provided for informational and educational purposes only for persons interested in the subject matter, is not legal opinion, nor confidential in nature. Each situation is fact specific and may be subject to state specific laws. Without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem fully.