Skip to main content

Can i fix papers to my husband he was deported and im a us citizen..

Dallas, TX |

my husband was voluntary deported when he was 18 i got married with him in mexico we have a 9 months baby. im 19 years old im a us citizen n my baby boy leaving to texas soon to start working n too try fix my husband papers.he enter tx illegaly when he was 10 years.. can i have some help pls pls pls

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You will definitely need the help of a lawyer to file. I will recommend hiring a lawyer in Texas. You should not just listen to any "notario" or "immigration consultant" on this one.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally
Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer
is signed by the attorney and the client.


The first step is to determine if your husband was kicked back by Border Patrol, or whether an Immigration Judge issued a voluntary departure order against him. If a judge issued a voluntary departure order, and your husband complied with the order, then we should not have any problem getting his papers.

However, I would recommend that you contact an experienced immigration lawyer to consult about all of the details.

Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm
Dallas, TX