Skip to main content

Can I find out which county in Illinois is handling my late uncle? He never had children of his own, just two set of neices .

Joplin, MO |

we lived out of state and I lost touch with him,although I called from time to time, he became hard to reach, as did I, My cousin Daniel Grumbacher is the executer and has been shurking his fiduciary duties, so I'm told by his sister, Isnt there public records for these things in Probat court? I havelived in joplin MO for several years so Im out of the loop

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You may hire a lawyer who can put a private investigator on the case.

That is done all the time.


Wills are probated in the county where the decedent resided at his death. So you can call a bunch of county register of wills. Also, why not do a google search of Daniel and ask him what is going on or where the estate is located. Finally, get an estate litigation or probate attorney involved immediately.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is , his website is and his blog is <> Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer