Skip to main content

Can i file wrongful death if my son was at a party and drown in the man made lake

Shelby Township, MI |

my son was at a party and drown in a man made lake in the subdivision he was at and it was ruled accidental drowning by intoxication

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, you can file a wrongful death claim. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about how to get started, where to find a great attorney, etc. Feel free to give me a call. -Mike 1-800-807-9530.


I'm sorry to hear about your son. There is a lot of information that needs to be considered in order to properly answer this question. How old was your son? Who provided the alcohol? You should definitely discuss this further with an attorney.


Ms. Mackenzie has provided good and solid advice in response to your question. Your tragic loss should be reviewed, in all detail, with an attorney in the area where the accident happened and who specializes in this type case. Much further information is necessary to analyze the potentials of a case. I wish you peace of spirit in this tough time.



It is important to consult with an attorney experienced in this area of law as soon as possible. Witnesses and the authorities should be interviewed and reports should be obtained and reviewed. Evidence should also be preserved.

From what you have stated in your post there are many questions an experienced practitioner will want to ask you and others.

I express my deepest sympathies for your loss. I am certain that you are interested in determining if someone was responsible for his death. If you would like to discuss the matter or explore representation in this matter please feel free to contact me. In light of the circumstances I will be glad to meet with you in your locale.

I have experience handling wrongful death cases. I have handled these cases where deaths occurred in various counties including Ionia County, Washtenaw County and Wayne County. I am presently involved in an active case that is pending in the metropolitan Detroit area.

My office was located in Oakland county for 19 years until I recently relocated my office to Wayne County this month.

Robert D. Mouradian
Attorney at Law
33300 Five Mile Road
Suite 110
Livonia, MI 48154
Phone: (248) 737-3730 (734) 420-4624
Fax: (248) 479-5003

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer