Skip to main content

Can I file something in probate court for lying?

Weymouth, MA |

My daughter went to the eye doctors with my ex, and he has been stating since she went she needs to wear glasses full time however I called the optometrist and its only for school & homework. He's harassed me regarding this for 2 months and is trying to make me use them full time. I am not sure what can be done if anything but this guy lies constantly and I feel like I finally have a ground to stand on? Any idea how to file? Thank you very much I'm a single mom and this site is very helpful!

+ Read More

Filed under: Probate court
Attorney answers 4


How is he "trying to make you use them full time?" I would get a letter from the dr. and send it to your ex and to the school that the eyeglasses are for school and homework only. If the doctor suggests that using them full time would cause damage to your daughter's eyes, then you can file something in court. Some parents choose to let their children wear eyeglasses full time to minimize the possiblity of loss!

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.


I agree with Mr. Carpenter


You really have no basis for a lawsuit. I agree with Attorney Carpenter that you should obtain a letter from the optometrist as to what he recommends for usage of your daughter's glasses. Send a copy to your former spouse, and keep one yourself. You can choose to ignore his requests that your child wear them full-time, and not engage in the back and forth. He has no ability to "make" you have your daughter wear them full-time, particularly if you are following the guidelines of the eye doctor. The less you engage with him, the less opportunity there will be for conflict. Keep communication, civil, business-like and child focused. Good luck.

This answer is intended for general informational purposes, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.



Does this answer your question?

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

420 Common Street, Ste 101

Lawrence, MA 01840

(978) 685-2690

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.