Skip to main content

Can i file my own early parole papers

Philadelphia, PA |
Attorney answers 3


You have posed this question already. Retain a criminal defense attorney to assist you.


Before any judge would give a moment's consideration to such a motion, counseled or not, ALL of the following must be true: (1) all financial obligations of your sentence are satisfied in full, (fines, court costs, and restitution); (2) your compliance with supervision has be flawless; (3) you have gainful employment or are in school; (4) your PO is onboard with the concept. If any of the above are not satisfied, such a motion is a waste of time, and if done with the assistance of counsel, a waste of money. As far as doing it on your own, I agree completely with Mr. Keller; if success on such a motion is of much importance to you, don't DIY. Finally, as I interpret the math here, you have been on parole for at most 4 of 22 months, assuming you were paroled immediately on reaching the minimum. As a general rule, I would want to see at least half of your parole walked-off with flying colors. Good luck.


Interestingly enough, the same question receives the same answer. You can do this on your own, but you improve your chances of a prompt and favorable determination significantly with the assistance of counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer