Skip to main content

Can I file indigent in Tennessee on my court cost while im on state probation? Im suppose to get off in August 2013

Nashville, TN |

My probation expires in august, but I owe 3000 dollars. How can I file indigent. Im a server, and I make 2.37 a hr

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can always petition the court you were convicted in to reduce or do away with your court costs. I think that it is highly unlikely that the costs will be done away with. All you can do is ask the judge. Obviously, the assistance of an attorney would be invaluable to help you with the procedures. Good luck to you.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."


I agree with Mr. Hodges. Additionally, you should be aware that unless these costs are waived by the judge or paid in full by August 2013, your probation will likely be extended. Also note, a person's driver's license can be suspended for failure to pay court costs within one year.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer