Skip to main content

Can I file for court ordered child support that has not been paid at all? Also can I file without having social security number?

Jacksonville, FL |

I have never collected any child support from my four different baby daddy's ,somehow they have dropped off the face of the earth but now after years they resurfaced can I now still get my arears?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Why didn't you collect child support when they were younger and presumably needed it more? Your ability to get arrears is fact specific. And if you have children by 4 different men, then it is exponentially more complicated (or at least 4 times more complicated) to determine if you already established a support obligation in each case. If not, it might not be too late but you need to see an attorney because you have too many things going on. Good luck.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


I believe you have previously asked this question and received responses from a panel of attorneys. You need to contact a local attorney to see if you have any recourse but it might be a little too late. If I recall correctly, you stated that your children are grown already.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


Consult with a family law lawyer in the Jacskonville area. Good luck.

B. Elaine Jones, Esq.