Skip to main content

Can I file charges against my ex-boyfriend who is threatening to post a nude video of me and him having sex on the internet?

Laredo, TX |

It was a long time ago I was 19 or 20 and now he is threatning to upload them :/ what can I do

+ Read More

Filed under: Video recording laws
Attorney answers 2


Alot of it depends on how the video was shot as to what your remedies are and as to who owns the film. But just because you consented to be videotaped does not mean you consented to all uses of the tape including this one. Rather than going through a long explanation of what you can do, I would like to tell you to check out an excellent website started by Holly Jacobs, who was herself a victim of this conduct. Lots of informatin onthere about what to do and ther is list of attorneys who will help victims on a pro bono or reduced fee basis. I am on there fro NY victims, and there are at least three in Texas. You should get all the answers you need there. Good Luck!

The answers given are informational only and do not constitute legal advice. Please feel free to contact me if you want to obtain legal advice from me.


I agree with Attorney Michelen. Best of luck.