Skip to main content

Can I file a suit against my ex if she lied on the affidavit submitted to the Non-Support Court?

Laplace, LA |

My ex submitted an affidavit to the NonSupport Court stating that I had not paid ANY child support since 2006. When we went to court recently I was found in advance by $2000. She lied and I went through a lot of embarrassment at work and with friends trying to prove my innocence. Not to mention she was pushing for me to go to jail.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You would need to prove that she made statements in the affidavit that she knew were false. An affidavit is a sworn statement based on that person's information and belief. It is unlikely that she'll admit to lying in the affidavit so you'll need some documentation or witness testimony to prove that she knew she was making a false statement in the affidavit.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create, an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Louisiana. Responses are based solely on Louisiana law unless stated otherwise

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer