Skip to main content

Can I file a private nuisance claim against adjacent apartment neighbor for yelling vulgarities/threats through wall?

Rome, NY |

Problematic neighbor in apartment next door . She harasses her adjacent neighbors by banging on our doors , yelling vulgarities / threats through the floor / wall . She works odd hours , so this sometimes occurs late at night . I've lived here six months , have audio recordings of her beginning three months ago . She paces her apartment , yells wildly often 30 - 60 minutes at a time . Does this at least once a day , four days a week . Police intervention worsens situation , and Landlord being " soft " on issue . Taking class on line , my apartment is my work office ; disrupting my focus on all levels . After these rants she turns music up loudly . Would like to give her two options : move out , or reimburse me a portion of my rent + portion of cost of the course I'm taking . Do I have a case ? Where do I take this ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I'm sorry you are unhappy with your living situation. You are wise to hire an attorney to review your lease (if there is one) and go over your options. After you've had a chance to consult with an attorney, you can come up with a strategy and resolve your concern.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer