Skip to main content

Can I file a law suit if my child was physically abused by his 3rd grade teacher

Hampton, GA |

Can I file a law suit if my child was physically abused by his 3rd grade teacher? My child was slammed on the floor by his teacher. He is experiencing knee pain and he is very embarrased and is fearful to return back to school. Im very hurt and angry...what can I do?

+ Read More

Filed under: Child abuse
Attorney answers 1


I am not a Georgia attorney, but the two things I would ask is whether the school is a public or private school, since if it is a public school you may need to file a notice of claim against the school or board of ed, or town or city; the second would be how long ago the incident occurred, since there are time limits for filing a notice of claim, if one is required. In NY and NJ, states with which I am familiar, the time limit is ninety days.

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.