Skip to main content

Can i file a fee waver for my application of I-400 NATURALIZATION

Hollywood, FL |

I received my residence a few months ago by my husband ( three years ) , but now we are going through financial difficulties since 2012 , in that year he asked for Medicaid and food stamps , and we are asking now for help to save our home ( Florida harvest hit found to prevent forcefulness ) . I want to get citizenship and my question is , can i request a fee waiver for the application without being deported ? my husband and i bought a house in 2011 and also we have a child !

(the right word up side is foreclosure ).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, there is a difference between being a public charge, and the ground of inadmissibility of "likely to become a public charge". You have not filed for medicaid, food stamps, or any other needs based public benefits, rather your spouse did. Since you are not actually a public charge you do not risk removal.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Yes you may, provided you may appropriately document the financial difficulty and need for a waiver.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova



Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer