Skip to main content

Can i file a clam on the home owner ins

Garden Grove, CA |

there was a death in the family , i was called from home in colorado to go cal,to pack the house ind repaire it ,to get it ready to seal, i jacked up my back by moving a heavy rock and now i cant work 4 at least 6 week, that what the doctor says, i never had any back problems before

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Based upon your very limited facts, it does not appear your injuries would be covered under a homeowners insurance policy. Nevertheless, nothing prevents you from making a claim. It will be up to the insurance company to explain any reason for denying insurance coverage under the policy.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.


Generally, home owner's insurance covers damages to the home and injuries that other people suffer because of the home owner's negligence. Since no homeowner appears to have caused your injuries, it probably does not cover them.


You could try and make a claim under the "liability" portion of their homeowner's insurance. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer