Skip to main content

Can I file a civil suit for false accusation, defamation of character,and psychological damage in the midst of a criminal trial?

San Bernardino, CA |

Gender bias in cases like these are simply not fair and not just. I have been falsely accused of domestic violence. I have been the victim of her abusive behavior for 1 year. Now that we are in the midst of the criminal trial, she shows no signs of stopping her behavior, and worse yet, she accuses me of all the stuff she is doing to me. She continues to falsely accuse me to cover what she did. She is calling me 10 times a day to threaten and harass and entrap me. She insists that I go to her home and even suggest we have sex, then, records a conversation that we had to entrap me and prove that I broke the protective order. She has betrayed me again and again, Im very alone and scared. the anxiety is affecting my work performance. She has a CT imaging report and threatens to submit to DA.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Talk to your lawyer/ And if you don't have one and are in the middle of a criminal trial, why don't you have counsel?

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.



I do have a lawyer. I thought it would be better keep things as calm as possible and my lawyer agreed. So I continued to do my best to fulfill her demands. I have done everything to try to satisfy her before and after this incident. It is clear to me that she has a psychological disorder (paranoia, irrational thinking and behavior, denial). She will lie in the trial and she is very manipulative. what should I do? Hire forensics psychologist?

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall


Do what your lawyer instructs. Nothing more, nothing different.


The answer of Ms. McCall + no.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Q: I have been falsely accused of domestic violence:
A: You supplied no information relating to your inability to control your temper or support that you are violent.
Q: She records conversations
A: If you were a client, I look into the laws of CA and see if you need consent to record your own conversations.
Q: She has a CT imaging report
A: I hope it is not a CT of drug smugling

So what is this nonsense question about.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer