Skip to main content

Can I file a civil harassment ( restraining order) even if I am an illegal alien

Manteca, CA |

My ex-boyfrie's wife has treated me in a text message can I file a restraining order against her even though she's an American citizen and I am illegal alien , my ex and I have two kids together ,, she has also treated with calling immigration on me, can the court grant me restriction order ?!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you can file for a restraining order. good luck. by the way, manteca means grease in spanish. be careful

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez, Elizabeth Cedillo or Yong Wood as highly skilled and experienced. In South Texas I recommend Jodi Goodwin from Harlengin or Leonel Perez of Edinburg. In San Antonio I recommend Bob or Nancy Shivers or drive to Austin to see me or my talented associate Jacqueline Watson.


Yes. The court will move to protect you the same way it will anyone else. You will not be asked about your immigration status, don't worry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, you can file.

But, meet with an immigration lawyer before doing so ... it might not be 'wise' to do so.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.