Skip to main content

Can i file 4 my mum even though she was accused of helping my dad to get his us citizenship.. i am 21 and a citizen of USA.Thnks

Burlington, NJ |

my dad got married to my mom in Nigeria and they gave birth to me and my sister. after that, he decided to come to USA without my mum. while in USA, the only option was to get married to a USA citizen in order to get his own citizenship. so he told my mum bout everything and she gave him the go ahead. so he got married to this lady who was a USA citizen and after 10 yrs, they divorced and my dad came back to file for my mum.. so he filed for her and she got a call from the embassy. while at the embassy, they accused my mum of conniving with my dad to get a citizenship but she had no choice... daddy was not gonna go back to Nigeria empty handed. he had to survive and the only option he had was to marry a woman with a USA citizen. EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T WORKOUT WITH MY DAD AT LEAST, AS HER CH

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Did your Mum participate in the fraud?

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


She may need a fraud waiver in order to immigrate to the U.S.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


Who took part of fraud?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


It seems your father committed fraud, but not your mother. Consult with an immigration lawyer to review the details. YOu may be able to petition for her.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer