Skip to main content

Can i Extend current my CPT date until the new CPT issue?

Bismarck, ND |

I have current CPT which international officer put an end date until August 10th. I submitted a new CPT request on August 2th,however, due to the academic advisor haven't submitted their portion, i have been told that this will not be handle until they submitted. i really want to know, can i extend the date of current CPT? the school only start on august 23th. i cant get on hold with the advisor that put the end date of this CPT.

So i've been told that i have to have verification on employment stopped at August 10th. and new employer letter from August 19th. is this sounds right? before this, the officer just put any date that she want to end my CPT and told me that if i want to extend, i can call her.

+ Read More

Filed under: F-1 visa for students
Attorney answers 2


Get a hold of that advisor. Without him or her you have no right to extend that CPT.

Contact: 860-548-2629 or This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.


You need to contact the academic advisor or his supervisor immediately.